Thursday 12 July 2012

Fire helicopters

A couple of weeks before the end of term I was sitting quietly in the flat when a helicopter flew over. For Moscow this is an usual event as the city is a no fly zone so any sort of aircraft are rare. Below the helicopter was a large basket. For a minute I thought it was for carrying building materials. Then three more flew over and it was clear something was up. The lake I walk across in the winter is just the other side of the appartments behind me and the helicopters appeared to be picking up water from the lake. I couldn't be sure. Emma then text to say she could see them too (she lives in a block down the road) and Cathy text to say there was a fire on television and were the helicopters anything to do with it. Emma and I had to find out. We joined forces and headed to the top of the lake!!!

Through the buildings

Here it comes!

Over the water

In and fill

Up and away

This one had a tank so had to nearly land on the water.

The spectators got very wet!!


Look closely this helicopter has a double rota on the top and fins at the rear.

It kept us entertained for over an hour. When it became clear it was going to continue for sometime we decided it was time to go home. A very interesting evening. I think a factory was on fire but I don't know. A lake with unusual uses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment