Tuesday 10 July 2012

A wet Sunday

The first weekend in June saw me off on a very wet BBQ with MIC. To be honest only a few of us made it as it was pouring with rain. However, Sergey was determined that it should take place and found a riverside cafe with little gazeeboes  for us to borrow. While Corinne, Olga, Diana, Maureen and I set out the food, Sergey set the barbecue up and cooked for us all. As we sat down to eat the sun came out and we had a lovely afternoon. Sergey's wife and son came to join us. It turned out to be a delightful afternoon.

It's a bit bleak by the river
Olga and Sergey cooking in the rain

Eat up


Here comes the sun - Maureen in green, Diana in stripes, Corinne in blue looking forward, Olga talking to Ian who turned up later and Natasha, Sergey's wife.

Maureen and I having a chat outside

There must be something good under here!

Wait!

Fetch!

Sergey takes his dog, LLoyd (after Andrew Lloyd Webber) hunting at least once a week and he is very well trained. It was amazing to see him.

Sergey and son (no I don't know his name!)

Sunbathing Russian style

Someone swimming - not my idea of fun!!

While I was out enjoying myself Peter was attending the American residency for the Eagle Scout presentation. This year they had (I think) five boys who had attained their Eagle Scout so asked the American ambassador to present them. There is a formal ceremony and Peter was asked to be the Narrator for the Journey to Eagle Scout. Here are a few photos. Peter has a CD of official ones and I'll try and get some of those.






An interesting day for us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment